Five Powerful Search Engines in One Place
The Parts Wizard has five Search Engines for five different
kinds of lookups - Search by Model, Search by Picture,
Search by Traits, Search by Keywords and the NEW
Custom Selection Criteria Search. All five Search
Engines are together in the same form to enable you to switch
from one search engine to another easily without losing any
basic Search Criteria already defined. If you decide that
one of the other search engines would work better for your
search, you can switch to it without exiting the form and without
losing your settings for the Manufacturer, Product Category and
Product Sub-Category. It's faster to use and easier to learn
- Live Exploded Parts Views
The Parts Wizard is well known for it's 'Point & Click'
exploded parts views. When you click on a part, the part information
is instantly displayed in the Part Details window.
The Parts Wizard supports multiple named views making it easy
to find the necessary parts in large or complex assemblies.
The exploded parts views for such assemblies are broken up into
several views. You can step through the views or select the
name of the view from a drop-down list and go straight to it.
There's no limit to the number of views that can exist for an
If you are using the Parts Wizard integrated into
DeepEnd, parts can be selected from the exploded parts view and
immediately added to any open sales or purchase order transaction.
Extensive Part Number Cross Referencing
The Parts Wizard has the most complete and extensive Part
Number cross referencing available. With a single mouse click,
you can find all suitable replacement parts and their numbers.
You can also find all of the OEM assemblies that use a particular
Tracks Part Number Changes
More than one part number can be associated with a part location
in the exploded parts view. This feature shows when more than
one part can be used in a given location or when a part number
was changed due to product redesign. Some manufacturers flag
the this change by production date while others use serial numbers.
The Parts Wizard contains notes detailing these part number
changes that can be viewed when you click on a part.
Sub-Assemblies Handled with Ease
The Parts Wizard currently supports an unlimited number of
sub-assemblies for every primary assembly. Each sub-assembly
can have multiple views just like the parent assembly and can
also have an unlimited number of sub-assemblies.
The Parts Wizard includes pictures to make product identification
easy. This is particularly valuable when a customer needs parts
for a pump, for example, but doesn't know what kind of pump he has.
By stepping through the pictures, your customer can pick the pump
And now, the Parts Wizard Library supports multiple pictures of
each item. For example, some items may have changed slightly in
appearance over the years. With multiple pictures, we can now
add new pictures to the Library without removing the old ones.
You can enter your selling prices for any product and have that
information displayed for every lookup. If provided by the
manufacturers, the Suggested Retail Price is included in the Library.
You can choose to display or hide this price to suit your needs.
Key Features Summary
Back to Top
- Modeless user interface. No need to exit the current task to perform another
- Powerful, flexible Search Engines
All together on the same form
- Search by Series & Model
- Search by browsing Product Photographs
- Search by Product Traits
- Search by Keywords
- Search by Custom Selection Criteria
- Quick Find function for Part Number, Model, SKU, UPC Bar Code and Supplier Order Number
- Live, Point-and-Click Exploded Parts Views with associated Parts List
- Printed parts lists with or without the exploded parts view
- "Used In..." feature finds all assemblies that contain a given part
- Handles unlimited sub-assemblies for complex
equipment such as automatic pool cleaners or heaters
- Products are grouped into logical Categories
- Extensive Part Cross-Referencing
- Additional detailed information includes Product Features, Service Notes,
Technical Data and and Key Product Traits
- Printed Product Fact Sheet includes Photograph, Features and Technical Data
and can be customized by including your own company logo
- Product information can be copied to the Windows Clipboard for
use with any other Windows application
- Modifiable User Notes for each product
- On-Line, context-sensitive Help
Cardol Data Systems Inc.
P.O. Box 58, Hampton, ON, Canada L0B 1J0905email@example.com